Stop overpaying for SSL certificates from your web hosting provider! Sharicom Workspace®, as part of our small business services, can provide the same SSL certificate for half the price.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security protocol for establishing encrypted links between a web server and a browser in an online communication. The usage of SSL technology ensures that all data transmitted between the web server and browser remains encrypted.
The Certificate Authorities (CA) are entities that are signing and deliver SSL Certificates. The very frequently utilized Certificate Authorities (CA):
- Symantec/Verisign - extremely confident and one of the first SSL Certificate Authorities (CA).
- Thawte - one of the first SSL Certificate Authority Issuer (CA) originated from South Africa.
- GeoTrust - large cost-effective SSL provider.
- RapidSSL - fastest CA SSL issuer.
- Comodo - cheapest quality SSL provider.